BEING PREGNANT AND IN MUCH NEED OF A PAMPER
Mommy Wellness is all too familiar with that preggie seesaw feeling of glowing one minute and then the next, not really being sure of whether your toes are still where they belong.
Mommy Wellness Day Spas have highly qualified pre-natal Therapists who are professionally trained in dealing with special treatments required by your body during pregnancy.
At Mommy Wellness our Therapists are very aware of the importance of correct positioning during such treatment, at the same time, keeping a vigilant check on the possible development of varicose veins. This is an essential aspect of pre-natal massage and protects both Mom-To-Be and baby.
It goes without saying that there will naturally be those general aches and pains and then the sudden discovery of muscles that you never knew even existed.
Often constipation, nausea and swollen ankles, coupled with a zillion trips to the loo every 10 minutes add to the stress of a Mom-To-Be, and of course, the added dismay of those favourite blouses that somehow seem to shrink a little more every time they are washed.
Is massage safe during pregnancy?
As long as your pregnancy is considered as ‘low risk’, we do not foresee any problems at all. However, if you have suffered from any Hypertension or have perhaps experienced any signs of premature labour, you need to have a chat with your Doctor or Gynae and get the ‘go ahead’ first. Many Therapists do not suggest massage during the first trimester. Sometimes, Moms-To-Be are not even aware that they are pregnant in this early stage. If you suspect that you may be pregnant and after consultation with your Doctor or Gynae, massage therapy may commence at any stage during pregnancy.
A professional massage has some amazing benefits for pregnant Moms.
From the relief of pain to reducing stress levels, a therapeutic massage also provides emotional support.
Moms-To-Be are often understandably nervous about pre-natal massages. But then again, they are pretty nervous about most things during this time.
What are the benefits of pre-natal massage?
Mommy Wellness has done extensive research into the documented benefits of pre-natal massage. These are the most important, which should help you decide once you have checked in with your Doctor or Gynae:
- Much to the delight of your partner, there is no doubt that pre-natal massage improves your mood
- It definitely reduces joint aches and pains, headaches and tension. Backache can become a huge irritation and we take good care of this for you too
- Even though you won’t be seeing them for a while, massage helps reduce the swelling in legs and ankles
- Even the best emotional support will not replace a nurturing touch. Remember when you wanted to punch the cashier at the shop? Those were your hormones getting a bit jittery and begging for some attention
- Stress levels and anxiety often shoot through the roof. After all, you are choosing names (and at the same time, checking that their meanings are not rude in a foreign language), working out finances and even thinking about schooling. A soothing massage will help tremendously!
- A Bella Roze Pregnancy Massage will also help get you out of bed on your own, without expecting a helping hand. Wouldn’t that be great?
- YOU NEED ALL THE SLEEP YOU CAN GET! Parenting can be hard work, especially in the beginning. (Yes, difficulties change along the way). A gentle massage will get those sleeping patterns under control in readiness for the pajama drill!
We care about you!
Remember that too much heat is not good during pregnancy. Please be wary of hot stone massages during this time.
Certain acupuncture points in legs and feet can trigger uterine spasms and sometimes even premature labour. Our qualified Therapists know how to avoid them, so you are in safe hands.
During a pre-natal massage, you should never be asked to lie on your back. Pregnant Moms-To-Be should always be positioned on their sides. Our Therapists will always ensure you are in the right position.
Mommy Wellness Day Spas want only the best for our special Moms-To-Be!